Sunday, February 3, 2008

Graduation

I have successfully graduated from first grade. I can't believe that the month has gone by so quickly. What started out as nothing less than terrifying turned into a somewhat pleasurable experience. I was able to get to know the kids in my class and could even tell the identical twins apart. The last week was nothing short of stressful. Not only did I have to finish giving and grading the district assessments, I have to complete grades and pack up the entire class into three seperate rooms. I spent WAY too many hours in that room but thankfully not as many as I would have if not for my good friend and a couple of very helpful room moms. Before I knew it, it was the last day. I only had the kids for half a day whihc was good but I must say I will miss them. Even the one that gave me the most difficulty (for there is always at least one...) will be missed. I learned that there was a reason he acted the way he did. On the surface I thought he was just a bratty kid that wanted attention whether good or bad. However, every kid has a story. He too will be missed. Saying goodbye is always hard. I have learned a lot from being in first grade and although I have moved on, I will never forget the 1st grade class of Benjamin Franklin Elementary School room 12.

No comments: