Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summer with a purpose...

I have only officially been on summer vacation for a day (weekends don't count) and already a countless number of people have asked me "so, what are you doing while on summer break?" or "Any big plans this summer?" Sometimes I (half) jokingly comment on how I'd love to plan a wedding this summer. But my usual response is to do some reading, visit my parents, sister, niece, etc, go to Nor-Cal with Luke...

Those are all great things, and I am looking forward to them. But I've been thinking- I want my summer to have purpose. I want to use this time off to not only relax and unwind from the year, but to also renew my spirit. I'm praying that this summer I will draw closer to the Lord. No excuse of having too much to do to spend extra time in the word.

In other words, I have hopes that this summer will be a renaissance of sorts. A rebirth for the spirit. Hopefully when school starts up again, I will be that much stronger in my walk with God.

No comments: