Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thankful...


After having not just one but TWO thanksgivings this year I have realized how much I really have to be thankful for. God has blessed me with SO much and so often I take it for granted. I live in a country where I can worship freely without fearing persecution. That can't be said for most Christians around the world. When visiting India a few months ago I met many Christians who were rejected by their family and friends because they lived out the Christian life. Some were beaten and imprisoned. I have never had to face anything even close to that and for that I am extremely thankful.
I never have to worry if there will be something to eat tomorrow. In fact, I spent two days this week pigging out on all kinds of food. Each table probably had more food than many people have a week! I not only have food to eat, but the opportunity to decide between several foods. For that I am thankful.
I have a closet full of clothes to choose from that are in good condition, and several pairs of shoes to wear; none of which have holes in them. I have a soft bed to sleep in every night which is in a comfortable and safe house in a safe neighborhood. For all of this I am thankful.
Every day there are millions worldwide that live with barely enough to get by. Next time I start to complain about what I have, I hope I will think about what others don't...

No comments: