Tuesday, June 17, 2008

God answers prayers!

After more than a year of prayerfully asking God for a teaching job, He has finally given me my request. Last week I received an unexpected call from a school that I had applied to a few months ago. At that time they had been offering a teaching job in lower elementary that I thought would be a great opportunity. Unfortunately, the job was ultimately filled by someone else. I was not expecting to hear from them again, especially so soon. But God knows best!
The call I got last week was to again offer me a job. And unlike last time, this call meant it wasn't between me and someone else... it was mine! I will be a 1st grade teacher at Calvary Chapel Elementary which is located 5 minutes or less (depending on traffic lights) from where I am living. Can I just say that even though we sometimes think God isn't listening to our prayers, He still does. It's not that He isn't listening or doesn't want what is best for us when He doesn't give us what we ask for, but that His plan is so much better than we could ever imagine!

No comments: