Sunday, January 31, 2010

Remembering...


It's been a while since I posted here. Some of you who know me may know that my family has been going through a somewhat difficult time as of late. My Grandpa (my mom's dad) passed away suddenly, leaving my Grandma who is ailing from dementia, all alone.

It appeared he died in his sleep, although we later found out that he was also suffering from colon cancer that had metastasized in his stomach. We are unsure if he was aware of this or not, but was due to get tests done the morning he died.

This has been a trying time for everyone in the family, especially my mom. The service went well... Full military honors and a wonderful memorial service filled with laughs, tears, memories, and a clear presentation of the Gospel.

I'm so thankful for everyone's thoughts and prayers for my family. I have really seen how people you might not expect, come around in my time of need and show their love. I was equally surprised at the ones I thought would be there that weren't...

It will be a long journey before things get back to "normal" but God has been good in granting us peace. My Grandma is in an assisted living facility that will take care of her needs as she continues to become more reliant on others. We will always miss Leslie Janzen. He was a great Grandpa, loving father, and a good man.

No comments: