Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Living a bold life in a timid world

Last week I went to a memorial service for a wonderful woman in our church who was promoted to Glory after struggling with leukemia for several years. Although I could not help but let the tears well up in my eyes I knew that because of the way she lived her life, her Savior was pleased with her. The sanctuary was full of people whose lives she had touched. She didn't just go about her usual business as if her faith didn't matter. She was a prayer warrior, an encourager, and a woman of faith. She lived every day as though it was her last day to make an impact for the Lord. She wasn't complacent in her faith but wanted everyone she met to know about her Savior. What an encouragement to those of us watching! Lena "Lee" Moburg will be missed but we rejoice that she is now cancer free and singing praises face to face with her Lord. I hope and pray that I can be even just half the woman of God she was...

No comments: