Sunday, July 8, 2007

Clearly you've never been to Singapore!

Hello family, friends, and all who may have stumbled across my blog!

I am here in Singapore...still. We arrived Sunday morning at 1 am. Due to slight complications we were unable to secure the hotel rooms as we had hoped which meant sleeping in chairs in the lounge of this airport. Actually, as the guys slept us girls kept watch over the luggage and played cards. (A woman's work is never done huh?) We were able to secure rooms at about 9am this morning and had the most WONDERFUL 4 hours of sleep ever, followed by the most BLESSED feeling of a shower! I feel like a whole new person. Once we awoke, we jumped right into the culture with Burger King whoppers for breakfast. (and of course coffee) We should be leaving Singapore in a few hours to travel to Bangalore India where we will be staying for 3 weeks. I look forward to what God will do while we are there and already feel humbled to be a part of this. Please continue to pray for our team... for safety as we travel, continued good health (so far only a few members have experienced a little stomach upset) and preperation as we go to another culture. I'm sure the shock will be great no matter how much we have prepared but I look forward to it and embrace the awkwardness with open arms! I hope to update this blog as often as I can during our travels. More information should also be forth-coming on the church website: www.gracebaptist.org

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

Blessings!

Ellen :)

No comments: