Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A week and a half in Bangalore

Namaste! (that's hello)

I have been in Bangalore for about a week and a half and am learning to adjust to life here. Classes are going well, despite the language barrier. The students here do not interact with the teacher like in the U.S. and would much rather do things in a group than be recognized individually. This makes it difficult at times, but God is good and I am learning how to get along.
I think I may be learning more about my subjects than my students. I teach "How to live a godly single life" and "How to lead a Bible study" to two different groups of girls. It requires a lot of studying and preparation on my part, but I am getting a lot out of it. I hope they are too!
Saturday, Timothy's brother Edwin was married to Priya. She is a new believer, and her family is still Hindu and therefore do not support her. We had been praying for the wedding that it would present the gospel message clearly and that there would not be a lot of tension. One of the members on the team, Hal Ring, gave a great message. The Gospel was clear and we are praying that it will change the hearts of those who were at the wedding. Already, one of Priya's uncles asked him about the TRUE God we worship. God is at work here. It is amazing to see the blatant worship of idols all around us. When we went to the zoo last weekend, there were idols set up in the zoo to the termite and elephant gods. Please keep praying for our team's ministry here and for the lost souls in need of the Living God.
I hope to email at least once more before we leave this place (Lord willing). Thanks to everyone who has supported me financially and through continued prayers. Please continue to pray for the health of our team as some (including myself) have had a difficult time adjusting to the spicy food. Please also pray that we would have an effective ministry to the students here.
Until we meet again-
God bless!

No comments: