Sunday, July 29, 2007

Singapore...again

Well it is Sunday afternoon (early morning in CA) and I am back in Singapore... In a way it seems like it's been a long time, but then at the same time like we were just here! Thankfully our layover was not NEARLY as long this time (only 9 hrs as apposed to 19 hrs) We slept a few hours, then took a bus tour of Singapore. That was cool, I learned a lot of history about this place.
I have not been able to update this blog on the events of the trip as often as I had hoped, but it was not all that different from week to week. We taught classes during the day, graded in the afternoon, ate, then slept! On friday the students had a farewell show for us. They did special songs and skits which were very nice. The team got up and sang a song called "Until we meet again"...which in turn caused me to "lose it" in front of the school. I didn't realize how much I would miss everyone. Their sincere love for people and immediate acceptance astounded me. Americans are so often "stand-offish" The students made us feel welcomed immediately. I hope to post pictures as soon as I get home of the students and the places we have been.
Until then- I will sign off. Thanks for listening! God bless!

No comments: