Friday, August 3, 2007

Count your blessings name them one by one..

I am SO thankful to be back in the good ole' U.S. of A! I arrived at LAX at 8:30pm on Sunday July 29th. After going through customs, we waiting about an hour and a half for all the luggage to finally make its way onto the belt and into our hands. When I got through baggage claim, my wonderful boyfriend Luke was waiting for me with roses and a big smile. Our team was exhausted and ready to be home. One of the things I most looked forward to was a HOT shower. I will never again take for granted having warm water when I want it, electricity when I need it, and a soft bed that is mosquito, spider, and ant free!
Despite my love for my home, I will miss the students that we befriended while there. I find myself thinking about them often...wondering what they are doing as I am here on my computer typing this (actually right now they are asleep!) I am so thankful that the Lord orchestrated for me to go on this trip because I learned so much. It was a difficult trip, I'm not going to lie and say it was easy. But I really learned a lot through it and I think God helped me to grow in it. I am so thankful and encouraged to see other believers all the way across the world who are living for their Lord and willing to risk everything, even their lives, to go to a Bible college and to claim God as their Savior. I can't even imagine living in a place where there is open persecuation for believing in only one God. I am so used to being comfortable and having the freedom to express my faith in whatever way I choose. I hope and pray that I will never take for granted the blessing of living in a country where I am free to love my God without fear of being beaten, imprisioned, or killed.
I know I promised to post pictures of my trip, but first I need to figure out how to go about doing this, so hopefully the next blog will contain pictures. Sorry to all of you who tried to post comments but couldn't. I had no Idea... but it's fixed now so comment away! Thanks for all of your prayers as I was over there... they helped!

No comments: