Thursday, August 23, 2007

Work...FINALLY!!

Yes I realize that I am posting at the RIDICULOUS hour of 7:30 in the morning but that is only because I'm too excited to go back to sleep. Let me start at the beginning. (A very good place to start!) A few days ago I got a phone call on my cell at 7am to be a substitute teacher that day. Unfortunately, my phone was off :( I was bummed that I missed the call because 1) I could use the money and 2) because they go down the list alphabetically so who knows when they will get back to my name. Now for the good news: I recieved a call again THIS morning (at the ungodly hour of 6:30am!) to be a half-day sub for a 2nd grade class located less than 10 minutes away! Although it's only a half day thing (which pays less) I'm still excited because it means that they are in great need of subs since they got back to me so quickly, and I will be paid like $50 to go in for a few hours and have no papers to grade when I'm done! Don't get me wrong, I am still hoping for a permanant teaching position (and man is it ever hard to be patient!) but at least this will give me a job in the mean-time.
I guess since the idea of going back to sleep for a few more hours is out of the question I should pick out what to wear for my first day!! Wish me luck! (ok I know we don't believe in luck, but it's better than saying "wish me Providence...") ;)

No comments: