Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Pictures as promised...

Here are some pictures of India I promised to post... ENJOY!



Our team consisted of: (from left to right) Joyti, Hal, Timothy, Julie, Gerry, Debbie, and myself (not pictured)








One of the kids that hung out around school was Zion. His parents work in administration. He and his younger brother could often be seen riding their tricycles or playing with the "big kids". They thrived on the attention. Zion especially liked wearing my cool sunglasses while riding out in that hot India sun.



On the last Friday we were in Bangalore, the students performed some skits and songs as a farewell gift. This skit involved blindfolds, poles, and students who thought they were going over and underneath them. It was very entertaining!





The Spiritual warefare here was made very apparent. One could not travel anywhere without seeing some idol set up for people to bow down to. This picture was taken behind one of the restaurants at which we ate.




Every few hundred feet there was another temple, decorated on the outside with the many different gods and godesses they worship. It was sad to see the open idol worship there. It also made me remember that although idol worship is not openly seen here in America in the form of statues people bow down to, it still happens in the heart.




I have never eaten so much as I did these three weeks! I learned that when it comes to food, saying you are full is not enough. Our hostess, Lakshmama, fed us until we thought we would burst! I was so overwhelmed (in a good sense) by the hospitality that the people there showed us.




The men of our team posing for one of SEVERAL pictures with students... we felt like movie stars!





On one of our days off we visited what used to be the King's palace. It was gorgeous inside, but of course cameras weren't allowed so you all will have to settle for a view of the outside.





Oh the crazy, crazy streets of India...where left is right and right is wrong (unless, of course, you are eating!) I have so many stories of traffic and traveling that will have to wait until told in person but let's suffice it to say my prayer life has never been so strengthened as it was when I was riding in an auto rickshaw!




I cannot believe how much I will miss these students! I think about them and pray for them often. Their faith costs them much, but they have such a joy. Their faith has been such an encouragement to me.

No comments: