Saturday, November 29, 2008

more sadness...

When it rains, it pours. Not only has life in the Hegg household been a little stressful , but a few days ago I came home to find my 3 frogs- Ferdinand, Isabella, and the baby which I hadn't even named yet, belly up on the bottom of the tank. The two named frogs were only a few months old, and the unnamed was a few days... Cause of death is undetermined, but it is most likely the new one was sickly and shared what he had with the others.
The only bright side, Fuzzle, the betta, is still alive and seems to have fought off whatever it was that killed the other three. I think he misses having tank mates though.
The flushing took place shortly after finding them. They will be missed. I haven't decided yet if I am going to replace them and what I am going to tell my 1st graders who were fond of them.
Rest in peace little guys

A Watery Grave

No comments: