Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Racially charged...

Anyone who knows anything about me knows that I love people for who they are not what they look like or what they can give me. So today when I was charged with being racist because I did not get in the middle of the campaign fight IN MY OWN CLASSROOM and questioned as to whether I was simply passing a student through without care because they are black, I was fed up.

Why is it that when a white person doesn't support a candidate who happens to be black they MUST be racist? Why can't I be opposed to them simply because of what they stand for? (or don't) It seems like our post-modern society is so focused on NOT being racist against certain ethnicities that there is a backlash that does just that. Concern for making sure that black people are not discriminated against often turns into discrimination against anyone that might just have that capability.

Don't get me wrong, I think that our history's past of racial discrimination is shameful and terrible. However, in order to make our world better than pre-civil rights times, we must stop focusing on the color of people's skin (whether it be black, white, olive, or otherwise) and look at everyone the way Christ did; either souls in need of a Savior or God's redeemed made in His image.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sing, O Daughter of Zion;
shout aloud, O Israel!
Be glad and rejoice with all your heart,
O Daughter of Jerusalem!

The LORD has taken away your punishment,
he has turned back your enemy.
The LORD, the King of Israel, is with you;
never again will you fear any harm.

On that day they will say to Jerusalem,
"Do not fear, O Zion;
do not let your hands hang limp.

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."

Zepheniah 3:14-17

My dear sister in Christ, your blog was a total delight. I've not bookmarked your site, so doubt I'll ever be back - I was just stumbling along and you popped up on the monitor. Your father must be really proud of you. Stay close to Jesus, continue to keep your heart tender and virtuous. God is faithful to all of His promises. Through the Blood of the Lamb, LarryG. Psalm 27:4