Saturday, November 22, 2008

Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

Okay so the title is of course borrowed from the book "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day". But sometimes I like to change it from Alexander to my own name. Today was one such day.
After rushing to an appointment that I was late too, I discovered that I had in fact made the appointment for a different location. To top it off, the lady next to me in the parking lot hit my car with her door and was a total jerk about it! She had a Christian fish on her car, which made me want to yell "You claim to be a Christian and yet you are acting like a JERK!" (or substitute another appropriate word) but I didn't because yelling wasn't Christian-like either.
She was very sarcastic and chalked it up to "well you're in a public parking lot, it happens." then continued to justify it by saying "you have a lot of marks on your car already." So you think I want more??? Does the fact that my car already has mark make it ok in your mind? In the end all I could do was walk away and hope she didn't continue to proclaim a Christ-centered life while acting like a complete moron.
Moral of the story: people are ignoramuses, even ones that claim to be saved- unfortunately. If you claim to be "not of this world", don't act like you are!

No comments: