Sunday, November 30, 2008

Things I love about my church...

Yes another sappy post about changes, but this is new and difficult and on my mind so I need a way to express it. And since I don't think many people read this blog, this seems to be the place to do just that. So if you are one of the few that do, my apologies; bear with me. 5 things I like about my church:

1) Bible-based

So many churches these days have watered down the Gospel in order to increase the size of their congregation. Northpoint has kept the Bible the foundation of everything they say and do, despite how full or empty the seats may be. That takes courage and faith.

2) mission minded

I love that they are committed to sending people out into not only the world but also where they live and work as stewards of the Gospel to bring others into a relationship with Christ. "Is Corona a better place because our church is here?"

3) Continued learning
This isn't just for students. As Christians we should never stop learning about our faith and our Lord. This is a focus and area where we continue to grow as a congregation and I am so thankful.
4) Christian living
Not only is the preaching Biblical, but the congregation is challenged to live what they say they believe on a weekly basis. It is impossible to claim Christ, but live like the world."The longer we live, the more we should be like where we are going."

5) Christian love

This goes beyond loving those that are loving toward you. That costs you nothing. Christians are to love everyone as Christ loves. This of course is not the same as loving or approving of sin, but someone once said that "People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care"


2 comments:

Becks said...

With ya, sista!

Abby said...

You have such great perspective, Ellie. Thanks for sharing.